Slider

the dwell block swap quilt

Tuesday, September 6, 2016


If you follow me on instagram (@katiegarrettquilts) then you've seen some of the dwell blocks from a Cotton + Steel swap that Jackie Padesky, Angie Brandl, Haley Anderson, and myself created. Those ladies are rock stars with the sweetest hearts, but in true fashion, I was the last to finish my blocks. Feeling motivated by my three day weekend, I cranked out not only the blocks but also piecing the quilt top.


There are a lot of Bonnie & Camille dwell blocks + quilts floating around instagram these days, so as if our bold and funky Cotton + Steel blocks weren't different enough, I decided to completely change up the layout of my quilt. Traditionally, it's sashed with 3 1/2" rows and laid out into four rows of four.

Mine is sashed with 2 1/2" in between each block vertically and in the columns. On the off set rows, I used pieces that are 9 1/2 X 7". The original pattern calls for 16 blocks, but we each made 5 for a total of 20. I left out two of my simpler blocks so that my quilt top uses 18 total. I'll put a nice chunky border of 4" all around the quilt edges and quilt it with minky backing for an extra cuddly quilt.

I love the story behind this quilt. If only y'all could see our instagram messaging thread! We are kind of a hoot. These ladies are not only so talented, but so tender hearted, and so dear to me. Now to figure out what our next swap needs to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan