Monday, July 4, 2016

red, white, & blue

One of the quilts that I worked on during my maternity leave in 2015 was a red, white, and blue quilt using the jelly filled pattern by Camille Roskelley. I liked it, but didn't love it. When I found the cutest patriotic whales fabric from JoAnn, I knew that using it for a second border + backing would change my mind about this quilt! It was the first one that I long arm quilted, and I used a very simple swirls pattern. I love that the quilting pattern with the whales has a sort of crashing waves appearance to it. I just love that this was a "meh" quilt that I now absolutely love! It's so light and perfect for the summer holiday.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...