Slider

sixteen month snapshot

Monday, June 20, 2016

I cannot believe our babe is already 16 months old. Everyday she becomes more like a big girl and less like a baby, so I am completely soaking up our co-napping and mornings spent cuddled on the couch. I know these days are numbered.






She absolutely loves any and all music. There are speakers in the rocks at the park we go to and she stops at every. single. one. to dance for a few seconds before moving on. She will dance on command to, "Show me your moves!" in a little head and butt bopping move. Seriously, so cute.

Her favorite foods include chicken, avocados, blueberries, and whatever momma's eating. We call her my little bird because I can't eat without her begging for my food. Even at dinner time, she has to make sure that I'm eating the same thing that's on her tray in order to be content with us eating together. If not? Momma's got to share. 

My sweet little reader. She loves Gaston and reads it with a whole lot of /g/ sounds. Be still my teacher heart. She also loves Brown Bear, Brown Bear but usually turns straight to the white dog page. I had to put away Puddle Pug because she was about to destroy it out of love. 

We are still working on sleeping through the night. If you're one of those people who complains that their infant doesn't sleep through the night yet, don't say a word about your sleep woes to me. We've got a combination of waking her for meds during the night, said meds that give her really awful nightmares, and a babe who wants to co-sleep but tosses and turns wayyy too much for that to be an option. We're about 50/50 for sleeping through the night (or at least waking up once) and needing one of us to sleep on the floor by her crib all night long. 

She's a pro at temper tantrums, especially if you take something away from her. There is only one quilt that she will sleep with; to hell with all other blankets. Her dog obsession is still going strong and Lilly can fix all of her problems. We aren't quite sure who she got her organizing skills from, but she would rather sort her toys by item than play with them. She absolutely loves blocks! If I need her to be occupied for any extended period of time, blocks will do the trick. She also loves to stack them with all one color side facing up. Seriously, this girl and her OCD organization crack me up. If it lets me heat up my coffee or go do my hair, I'm all for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan