Monday, June 6, 2016

end of year quilts

I wanted to do something really special for my administration this year since our school would be closing its doors after 75 years of teaching military students. With the help of some other teachers gathering signatures and old school tshirts, I made both our principal and assistant principal a quilt combining the tshirts + blocks in our school colors.

Our principal had said just before this that she hadn't cried in two weeks, so she wouldn't give a speech as she didn't want to cry. I handed them their gift bags and her words were, "Damn you!" as she started to cry. There were lots of tears and hugs despite our adopted Dr. Seuss quote, "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

I am so glad that I was able to gift them something so sweet and sentimental. They are far from perfect quilts, but Kori already said she wants to snuggle up with it, while Pam wants her husband to build it a shadow box and display it proudly. Love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...