Monday, February 1, 2016

february goals

The first month of the new year is gone and past. Honestly, I'm glad. It was a good one, don't get me wrong, but it was a hard one. We were able to get into a really good groove in our marriage following winter break, I went back to work after two weeks off, and we had Austen's sister + boyfriend come out for a long weekend. But Sophia also got her first sickness (roseola) the first week I was back at work, and there were a lot of sleepless nights for us during Sophia's teething. I can look back on the month as a positive overall, but am glad to be moving forward! Onto Sophia's birthday month (& Lilly's, because we're that kind of dog parents) and a really crazy busy one at that. 

My January goals were: 

1. Finish my b&c swap blocks, and begin b&c farm girl vintage swap blocks
2. Continue reading (because clearly other hobbies trump this, but I do enjoy the quietness of a book)
3. Begin the She Reads Truth Genesis bible study
4. Finish little brother's quilt in time for his second birthday
5. Take donation bags to the thrift store + get a tax write off 


I managed to finish my blocks for one swap, and have the others cut (just not sewn). I started the SRT Genesis study, but it wasn't really grabbing me. I find myself dipping in and out of the Word lately but praying all. the. time. Just sort of my season of life spiritually right now. Little brother's quilt is done (just needs its binding) and I'm bringing it in person when we go back for Sophia's birthday. Also, all the praise hands for people unloading your very full truck bed of donations for you! And a baby who sleeps through the whole thing. 


For February, my goals are:

1. January + February swap blocks
2. Begin reading a new book
3. Host two parties for Sophia's first birthday (and consider crying in the fetal position that we have a one year old)
3. Spending freeze for me 
4. Cut down on sugar (aka: no ice cream after work and before bed...)
5. Technology free evenings 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...