Monday, January 11, 2016

konmari, round one


Ya'll, we live in such excess. It's part of our culture, and I get that, but I'm tired of it. We knew we wanted to eliminate big time, especially with our upcoming cross country move. I had heard about the life changing magic of tidying up but mostly heard people giggle about thanking each item for serving its purpose, or folding things straight up and down. Regardless, it was on sale, so I bought it.

"Life changing," barely taps the surface.

Austen & I said there is still more to go. We've filled up the trunk of my car once already, and there's at least fifteen trash bags to donate in his truck. I feel like this was just round one. I find such inspiration from bloggers and instagrammers who have simplistic, minimalistic homes. I love the idea of less. Of things only with meaning. Of things we find beautiful. Of things that spark joy. I feel like in a world of pinterest houses, this is how we really truly create a home.

I could go on and on about how much lighter our house feels, about how we already have less tension in our marriage, or that I feel like for the first time ever, I'm not completely failing at my home duties as a wife. But just trust me, the book is worth the $15 you'll spend. Unless you're already a minimalistic. Then just keep doing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...