Slider

christmas in times square quilt

Monday, December 7, 2015

I'm a sucker for Christmas quilts. After I finished my wintery x quilt, I knew I was hooked. When all of my quilty friends were buzzing about the vintage santas from Joann Fabrics, I knew I needed to check them out. I thought they were gone for the season when I found them on sale! I bought the rest of the bolt, and thank goodness because they are darling. I had the perfect quilt in mind for them.

I've been working through different blocks from Vintage Quilt Revival for my b&c swap, and there's the Times Square quilt top that I thought was adorable, but very modern with three nestled blocks and a lot of negative space. I saw my girlfriend, Jackie, share a picture of using the same vintage santas fabric as background instead of a solid. I figured this pattern would be perfect for that idea.

I used the vintage santas for the background with saturated b&c prints for the nestled blocks. The center most block is light green and hard to see from a distance, but so adorable up close! The three fabrics are a perfect math. I love how it turned out, and it only took me a week start-to-finish (win, win).



And thanks to Austen for his first #husbandsholdingquilts picture. ;) I've already ordered a soft cotton + steel fabric for the backing in their tinsel line. SO excited to be able to quilt this cutie and cuddle up under it next Christmas by the fireplace with our little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan