Monday, November 16, 2015

baby churn dash quilt

Monday might just become my day of quilty-goodness. This way I don't completely overwhelm my blog with quilting stuff, but set aside one day for it. And I promise to always bring the young and breath-of-fresh-air to my quilting. No need to fear outdated or grandma style. ;)

After two queen sized quilts that I worked on for months, I felt like a small, quick project was just the speed I needed. I wanted to accomplish something quickly but still feel big enough to be useful (aka: not a mini).

I was stalking a friend's instagram feed when I saw a baby churn dash quilt. I loved the classic block in scrappy, huge form. I decided to make one for Sophia because girl can never have enough quilts! It also was a great excuse to try out the new 1canoe2 fabric line Prairie Tucker with moda cross weave in grey. Those two together are perfection. I just love them!




It was almost a stupidly easy block. Thank goodness. I worked on it here and there, and total it took me maybe 2-3 hours to piece the whole quilt top. I'm playing around with backing + quilting options, but can't wait for this to be a sweet part of Sophia's (& our) memories! All I need to do it put the borders on it (same grey as the rest of it) and it's good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...