Thursday, September 17, 2015

september seventeenth


September 17: Just for fun, your latest obsession. What can you not get enough of these days?

I had a really light hearted post written out... and then deleted it all. There are lots of little things that fill me with joy these days, but at the end of the day, they're just things.

I can't get enough of grace these days.

It's really stinkin' hard being a working mom. Balance is a myth, and I'm so thankful for a husband who - arguably - is a better husband and housewife than I am! He works, then takes care of Sophia, and cleans, and cooks... I'm just amazed by how much he gives to our little family.

I just feel like my heart has been in a funny place these past few months. I love where we are in life for many reasons, but also am looking forward to our next phases of life with excitement. But when those phases of life don't come as quickly, as easily, as (fill in the blank) as we want, it's easy to feel bogged down by them.

I recently finished She Reads Truth study "in everything give thanks". I know it's not Thanksgiving season, but I knew my heart needed to be reminded of how to give thanks in all things. The one that keeps resonating with me is about giving thanks in the waiting. Yes. I'm there right now. And it is not easy for me.

So grace. These days, I can't seem to get enough grace in every area of my life. I am so thankful for those who are gracious and gentle with me though.

3 comments:

  1. Grace is so important! Glad you are surrounded by loving people :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this post. I appreciate grace so much more after being married because I guess I didn't realize how much I needed it and how much I needed to give it.
    Sarah a tMeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great post! Thank you for sharing you heart :)

    ReplyDelete

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...