Slider

red + aqua

Wednesday, July 22, 2015


I have been working on a fireworks quilt pattern by Camille Roskelley, using all aqua and red fabrics from different Bonnie & Camille for Moda lines. It's bold. It's colorful. It's so out of my comfort zone, and I love it.

I've been thinking a lot lately about how I want to decorate our acre house, and bold colors are definitely something I'm leaning towards. Austen's asking for grey walls (again, out of my comfort zone), and I'm picturing lots of black & white pictures, metals, and textures. I want our bedroom to be a place where it's meaningful with some really chunky furniture (you know, when he finally agrees that we need a new bedroom set) and bold quilts. I still absolutely love our swoon quilt, but it's pretty mild in comparison to this. ;)

So far, I have finished the first row, and have three more to go!

please, please, please ignore our floors. they are awful. just look at the pretty colors.





My goal is two blocks a week, because they aren't fast blocks and life with a 5 month old makes them take even longer to sew. If I can be done with this quilt top and have it sent off to be long armed by the end of August, I'll be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan