Slider

friday no. two

Friday, July 3, 2015

one:
I'm having a hard time grappling with the realization that a month of summer vacation is practically gone. I love being a stay-at-home momma. Sophia learns or discovers something new every day, and knowing that in another month and a half, I'll be missing out on so many of those firsts leaves me aching. I know this is what's best for our family, but it is still so hard.

Her newest things have been discovering her hands and feet. She has always loved to hold and play with my hands, but is now really comforted by them. When she's upset, it'll instantly calm her down to hold onto my fingers. She's teething so her hands are always in her mouth, and when we're right next to each other "just talking", she shoves them into my mouth, too. Girl still loves her nightly baths and has this demeanor that I can only relate to how I must look when I'm floating in my parents' pool. She tells the best little stories, smiles when she sees Austen or myself, and has the best baby giggle I've ever heard. Basically, I want ten more babies just like her.


She is also hilarious while nursing. I wish it weren't creepy to video tape it (but it is, so I won't). She's either really angry that it took me so long to nurse her after she started fussing 1.4 seconds earlier, so she punches and smacks my boobs. Or she wants to help me, so she tries to grab a hold of my boobs, and then yanks it out of her mouth. This upsets her so she resorts back to more punching. Or if she's in a particularly good mood and not overly hungry, she acts like she's just had a fine wine and takes her precious time, stroking my boob and fluttering her eyelashes.

two:
If you haven't already listened to The Influence Net's podcast with Lindsay Sherbondy from Lindsay Letters, go do it now.

three:
I'm not a netflix binge watcher. I know, I just got yoga pants four months ago and I don't binge watch netflix...who am I?! But, I just started to watch New Girl. I love that the netflix episodes are about 20 minutes each, so I can watch an episode and then curl my hair during morning nap time (really, I should be working out, but eating almond ice cream sounds like a better plan). Austen thinks it's stupid. I find it hilarious. I like that I don't really have to think about it. After a week of cluster feeds that lasted through the night, I like not thinking.

this was the during-phase of organizing... it looks a lot better now.

four:
I reorganized my sewing room. It needed it. It still needs a good decluttering, but I feel better about the shelves now. We've got a project planned for the acre that involves a huge improvement for my sewing space, but that'll be a project for down the road. I sort of want to document my current sewing room on the blog to be able to look back on, but it's really little more than a shelf and a table for my sewing machine with an idea board on the wall. Nothing special, but I love that little creative, colorful space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan