Slider

first night in her nursery

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Sophia is almost five months old, and with a new work schedule for Austen, we knew it was time for her to start sleeping in her nursery at night. She had begun to flop in her sleep and shake her bassinet (halo co-sleeper/bassinet), which would wake her up. She's also begun to break out of her swaddles, so I'm sure that transition is right around the corner, too.

She's been napping in her crib since June, so I had hoped her transition would be easy. No such luck. 

After her bedtime routine, I put her to sleep in her crib. She woke up the first time freaked out, with a look in her eyes like she didn't know where she was. She fussed a little bit the first 30 minutes or so (which is normal for her), and then was out. 

Then she woke up at 10:00pm, midnight, and 2:00am, refusing her paci and only going back to sleep if I nursed her. I'm pretty sure the midnight feeding, we both fell asleep in her glider before I could even take my boob out to nurse her, because I woke up 10 minutes later to my boob still in my bra and the baby asleep. Her 2:00am feeding felt solid, and it was for her. Unfortunately for me, I still had to wake up at 4:00am to give her meds, and then she woke up at 6:30am ready for the day.

Bless.

I made it through my morning with a NAKED juice smoothie thing and an early, long morning nap. From the baby, that is. I did my bible study and the dishes during that hour.

Here's hoping - and praying - our nights in the nursery are more restful.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan