Wednesday, June 24, 2015

june #webeelate

My June blocks for #webeelate quilt block swap were done and in their envelopes. I hadn't sealed them yet, and thank goodness, because I changed my mind last minute. The original bow tie blocks were quick and easy, and very cute! But they didn't reflect what I could do quilting-wise. I could do better, and I knew it.


So those blocks went back on my shelf and I pulled out my paper piecing book. I ended up making these two cuties for my swap buddies:




And in return, I got two gorgeous blocks for my Bonnie & Camille sampler quilt!

I'm going to add the red bow tie block I made to my #webeelate quilt. The two blocks next to it are the ones I was sent in June; aren't they gorgeous?! The bottom two are fireworks blocks that I'm working on using Bonnie & Camille fabrics in reds and aquas for our bed. I'm obsessed with all of this gorgeousness in the idea board.

I am so excited to see this quilt come together. My hive is fantastic and seeing instagram pictures of what everyone is sewing for their swap has me so excited! I absolutely love the quilting community and can't wait for the next seven months to continue swapping blocks with these fabulously talented ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...