Friday, June 12, 2015

friday no. one

I've felt sort of in a blogging funk lately, and am going to try my best to get out of it. I want to be open and honest, to be able to use this as a sort of online scrapbook to go back through and reference when the memories fade. I want to build meaningful relationships and connections through friends I make here.

What better way to do that than to simply post?

Some random thoughts and things I've been loving lately...

Summer break with this little pea. I am going to do my best to get both her and I on a good schedule this summer so we can enjoy our time out of the house and feel well prepared when it comes to making plans, versus wondering if she's going to need to nurse or sleep through an outing. 



My Nikko blue and peppermint hydrangeas came back pink again this year, but that's okay! I'm still trying the coffee ground trick to change them to blue next year. This is the first year I have some really significant blooms on my peppermint and I am in love. They're just gorgeous! My Southern heart just swoons for them.



We began changing out some artwork in the dining room. I would really love to paint, but think instead of changing colors that I might paint over our yellow accent wall back to white to match the rest of the house again. As glad as I am that we have two accent walls in this home (yellow in the dining room and red in the family room), my style has changed and I won't have any accent walls in our next house. Changing out a mirror for a large navy blue watercolor world map has made such a difference, though! I feel like a blend of traditional and modern is more our style. This works well with my Polish pottery and yet is unique enough so that the dining room doesn't feel too formal. 



Someday, I'm going to miss garage sales at the officer's houses! I scored these two vintage Le Creuset cousances for $25 total. That one got all the praise hand emojis. 




So there's a little piece of what's been going on with us lately. Life had been so incredibly busy the past few weeks, I'm thankful it's starting to slow down to I can process more of what's been happening and be able to share on here as the details fall into place! Lots of exciting, crazy, great things in our life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...