Slider

dad's cancer update (& gofundme)

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

I haven't shared much since my dad's cancer diagnosis, because it's different when you're 18 hours away. At first, it wasn't so bad. He didn't feel great and I wished I was home to help them, but it wasn't an aching feeling. 

It is now. 

I would give almost anything to be home with them. To help them in countless ways. To make all of this just a tiny bit easier. But I'm not there, and I can't really help. 

Cancer affected them in many, many ways, as it does with anyone. The timing of it was awful. My parents have an 18 month old foster child and are in the process of renovating a farmhouse on 2 acres. My dad was heading up the whole renovation himself, until a few weeks ago. They now had to hire out contractors to finish much of the work. It's awful to hear him talk about how he could do it, but can't

A sweet family friend of ours put this together for my parents as their medical costs are more than they ever anticipated. I wanted to share it simply for those who have asked how they can help, even if it is simply through prayer. We are all thankful the 6 weeks of chemo/radiation are done, but it's not over yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan