Slider

#spellitwithmoda quilt

Monday, May 11, 2015

Summer is nearly here, which means my quilting marathons are thisclose. I decided on my maternity leave to finish up some of my work-in-progress quilts, one of those being this cute #spellitwithmoda quilt. Essentially, the ABCs, which seems fitting for an elementary school teacher to make.

I decided to make it scrappy, using up scraps of fabric that I had. All of the actual letters are made using solid fabric while the backgrounds are different patterns with white sashing. I like that it keeps some sort of unity to the scrappy. I think I'm going to make the borders using the same white fabric as the sashing, and potentially a second border that's scrappy, too.





I found all of the patterns by sitting for a few hours one afternoon clicking from one moda designer to another to get all of the patterns... I think I saw Camille Roskelley publish a blog post that linked to all of them, but couldn't find it when I went back to look for the letter R.

I absolutely love how it turned out. I can't wait to quilt it when I learn how to long arm next summer and cuddle up with Sophia and other littles for movie nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan