Slider

five favorites

Friday, May 1, 2015

I just thought I'd share some of my favorite things on this lovely Friday with all ya'll. :)

1. saltwater sandals
It's basically already summertime here in the desert. We hit 97* today, and won't drop below the 90s at all next week. With that being said, it's been sandal weather for several weeks now. I'm convinced my feet grew while I was pregnant, or that I just can't handle my shoes being even a little snug. I've been living in my black pair of saltwaters and just ordered a gold pair (!!!) when they went on flash sale on brickyard buffalo.


2. target lamps
We keep our blinds drawn shut most of the time because it gets so stinkin' hot. Austen told me to find a lamp for our family room from target, and he really liked the smallish size and wooden base. We desperately needed new lamps for our bedroom but I kept talking myself out of the prices. $20 per base and $15 per shade adds up. But, we did it and I seriously love them! I also think that chunky wooden bases with a rouched linen shade is the perfect style compromise for Austen & I.

3. cedarwood essential oil
I gave cedarwood a try this month for our diffuser to help with sleep. I'm not crazy about the way it smells, but Austen really likes it. I've also noticed that Sophia is sleeping longer through the night since we started diffusing it. I don't know if the two are correlated, but she began sleeping from about 8:00pm-3:00am (we've had a couple of nights that she slept until 4:00am and even 6:30am!!). If cedarwood had any help in that, I'm forever grateful. It's also a bonus to find oils that get Austen's stamp of approval. This one smells like trees, according to him. ;)


4. coconut water
I'm supposed to stock up on electrolytes because of my heart condition, but I don't want to drink gaterade with all of its dyes. And my favorite is red gaterade, which used to make Sophia dance while I was pregnant, so I really don't want to know what that'd make her do now. :) I started to drink at least 1 coconut water a week and Austen laughed when I asked if I could get a couple for during the week, saying of course. On rough mornings, I grab one and it's a great pick-me-up during the day. It's also sweet and helps curb my sugar cravings!


5. new quilting supplies
Summer is 5 weeks away, which means my quilting marathons can begin soon! I'm almost done with the #spellitwithmoda ABC quilt that I'm loving, and have started working a little bit more on a patriotic pinwheel quilt that I started 2 summers ago (but am determined to finish this summer). I want to begin working on some quilts as gifts and seriously love when new supplies come in the mail. In about a week's worth of time, I got 2 Bonnie & Camille charm packs (daysail and miss kate), a fat quarter bundle (blueberry thicket by robert kaufman), some aurifil thread (!!!), and a shopping afternoon at JoAnn's. I cannot wait for my quilting summer. My hope is to finish 3 quilt tops... Let's see if the little pea lets me.

And what kind of post would this be if I didn't include one of my new favorite pictures of Sophia and the daughter of our sweet friend who watches her all day? Seriously, I melt. They are the cutest. This picture deserves all the heart eyed emojis.


1 comment:

  1. I have always heard so much about essential oils but still don’t know much about them. However, I’m happy to see that you love them and have seen results! I’ve followed your blog for a while and just wanted to stop by and say hello :) Also, just as an FYI I just started a weekly five things friday if you were interested in linking up your blog! :)

    Have a great weekend!
    www.theprimarilyinspired.com

    ReplyDelete

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan