Slider

#bikiniseries goals

Monday, April 13, 2015

I am beyond excited for the Tone It Up bikini series that kicked off today! It's 8 weeks of daily workouts that this new momma needs to get back in shape before the pool opens. I have a couple of blogging friends who use it and am so excited to give it a try! My sister, Lauren, is my accountability partner in it and we've already started texting about which workout we used for 30 minutes of intensity this morning. ;)

I wanted to write out what my five goals are to accomplish in the next 8 weeks, and hopefully post some before/after pictures.


1. Fit back into my pre-pregnancy jeans. 
I hated maternity clothes, like with a passion. I had realistic expectations coming out of pregnancy and into mom-hood that I wouldn't fit back into my old jeans right away, and almost 8 weeks later, I still don't. My goal all along was to be able to wear them again come summertime, so I'm really hoping the TIU bikini series helps me get there.

2. Lose the last 20 lbs. 
I gained 50 lbs in my pregnancy. I know, your mouths all just dropped. I know my non-mommy friends are thinking, "I'd never..." but I thought the same thing. I didn't let myself go and eat whatever I wanted, though. I know my body and before pregnancy, I had a super smoothie for breakfast, a small lunch (cheese and crackers, an apple with pb, or greek yogurt with fruit), a snack then dinner before 4:30pm. When I got pregnant, that schedule was gone because suddenly it was 8:00pm and I was STARVING. Not eating only made it worse, so I gained weight. In 8 weeks, I've lost 30 lbs but I would love to lose those last 20 or so to get back to pre-pregnancy weight. 

3. Drink 1 water bottle with lemon eo a day.
Lemon essential oil helps to detox your body, and my goal is to drink 1 water bottle of it a day, preferably in the morning. I carry a water bottle around with me all the time regardless, so it'd be really simple to just fill up my glass bottle with a drop or two of lemon oil to start my day off right.

4. Go for a family walk each night. 
I plan on doing each of the workouts daily for the bikini series, but also really enjoy our little family walks in the evening. We love to put Sophia in her solly wrap and take the dogs to Freedom Park on base for a little stroll. It gets the dogs' energy out while winding us all down before bed.

5. Eat only raw foods after 4:30pm. 
This goes back to what I said under my #2 goal. I really wish I could go back to my old schedule, but with breastfeeding, I have to keep up my milk supply. Hydration and nutrients are key to that. While I'm slowly seeing my body get back to its old schedule, there are nights when I am hungry later. I've been pretty good the past week or two about only eating raw foods after 4:30pm but really want to make sure this is a conscious effort! Lots of sweet potatoes and apples with pb lately. 

If you're going to be participating in the TIU bikini series, I'd love to know so we can help keep each other accountable! I am just so ready for those old jeans to fit again and feel good in a bikini by the pool. That's really all there is to do in Vegas during the summer, and we have a beautiful pool to lay by and splash in on base! I'm ready to feel - and look - ready for summer. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Don't beat yourself up! You look AMAZING for just having a baby. 8 weeks is nothing! You are so beautiful, your body went through hell making a human life....give yourself credit! Anyhow, these are great goals and are realistic. Too bad we can't be celebrities with a personal nutritionist and trainer to get back into pre pregnancy shape! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan