Slider

Sophia's nursery

Monday, February 16, 2015

I wasn't sure exactly how the nursery was going to come together when I started out, to be honest. I had an image in my head but didn't know if it was going to work since we're limited with white walls and the (lovely) white laminate floors. I wanted it to feel cozy and wasn't sure if I could get that with our blank slate we were working with. We usually opt for darker, warm colors in the house, so I wasn't sure how the light warm colors would look with the white walls and white floors. Now that it's all said and done, I love how it turned out!

My inspiration for her nursery came from Jessica's nursery for her youngest daughter. Our nursery space is really little, so I wanted to make sure neutral was the focus so that it felt light and airy. Purple and gold became little pops of color, and somehow we ended up with more gold than purple! I'm okay with that, though. ;)















sources:
nursery furniture (found through a fb yardsale page) // crib skirt // nightstand
ubbi diaper pail // faux sheepskin // rug
love is brave pillow // + pillow (discontinued) // quilt (made by me)
lamp and shade // humidifier (not pictured) // star nightlight and clock
owls (thrifted and spray painted) // lidded baskets (home goods)
proverbs 31 print // let them be little print // wild things print (lindsay letters from hobby lobby)
felt balls (custom) (and in basket) // little deer
gold deer hook // changing pad cover

2 comments:

  1. Exciting! I love the baskets under the changing table and the little Pom pom garland over the crib! Too cute! Before you know it...she'll be there!

    ReplyDelete

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan