Thursday, February 5, 2015

revamped february goals

I was looking at my February goals.

I don't like them.

I feel like I would set goals for myself and read goals others had set. At the end of the month, they had all these cute lines going through their goals, and I didn't. So I started setting easier goals. Easy to the point of "it's on my calendar so let's call it a goal".

Enough.

Yes, I'm going to have a baby in February (even though at 38 1/2 weeks, I feel like she's perfectly content to stay in there forever), and yes, I'm going to have to clean and have family come out to help. Getting necessary appointments made is kind of a goal, and so is the swoon Euro pillows. But let's revamp this, okay?

I'll keep it simple, because I will spend probably half of the month with a newborn (!!), but I want some real, tangible goals worth accomplishing. I won't lie, while I know #3 will realistically take me 4 hours (2 hours per pillow), it's totally intimidating. I'm already so tired, I'm hoping to get that one knocked out on one of my modified work schedule days! I've been wanting to do this since last May, ya'll.


1. Read through Make It Happen by Lara Casey with The Influence Network book study.
2. When my mom comes in town, attempt homemade Polish pierogis and Italian pizelle cookies (#28 on my 30 before 30 list).
3. Sew swoon Euro pillow covers for our master bedroom before our lifestyle photo shoot with Mary Lynn.

That's it. But that's manageable, yet not obvious. I might get none of them accomplished, and that's okay. They are worth working towards. And if I don't get to put a cute line through it come March 1, I won't beat myself up. I am, after all, having a baby this month.

It's still a goal to get my laundry put away though. It's been hanging out on my dining room table for 2 days now... folded nicely, but not in our closet. ;)

1 comment:

  1. You're having a baby. Hello, you win the accomplishment award.

    ReplyDelete

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...