Monday, January 12, 2015

our las vegas baby shower

The church I grew up in had this saying: "where friends become family". I didn't understand it when I was little, but now being a 25 year old who has lived 18 hours away from family for the past 4 years, I get it. We have been so blessed with such an incredible support network of friends these past few years and were happy to be able to celebrate our little Sophia with them this past weekend.

The first person I met coming out to Vegas was Jessica. Friendship was sort of forced upon us since our husbands both graduated from tech school together (and then we lived together in temporary lodging for something like 5 days together...) and we hit it off right away. She is one of the few people who can come over to my house and I don't worry about putting on any makeup or fixing my hair. Praise the Lord for those kinds of friends! ;)

Jessica was the sweetest and offered to host our baby shower here in Vegas for us. She decorated with purple and gold (same theme as the nursery) with bits of twine here and there, and it was precious! We had a fantastic time.





We were spoiled by our sweet friends here, and are beyond thankful! I had been telling Austen that I wasn't sure we had enough baby clothes since her closet was looking pretty bare for a while there. Now, little pea will be the stylish baby around! My sweet quilting buddies, Maureen & Linda, also made Sophia the sweetest baby quilt. Is it not just precious?! We will absolutely keep and treasure that gift forever.

And if you're in Vegas, Nothing Bundt Cakes is to die for. Seriously. We all just "mmm-ed" the whole time we ate the cake.






I am seriously so blessed by these friends that have become family. I cannot wait to have them all come see baby Sophia once she's here! Speaking of that, only about 5 weeks to go now!!

1 comment:

  1. You are so very very blessed! Congratulations, girl :)

    ReplyDelete

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...