Wednesday, January 21, 2015

36 weeks!

taken at 35 weeks, but basically the same!

how far along: 36 weeks

baby size: I had an ultrasound last week after fetal monitoring and little pea is officially 5 lbs 7 ounces and 18 inches long. 

baby's progress: She's still chunking up right now and finishing up development of her lungs and whatnot for when she's born. 

weight gain: Still right around 35 lbs. I'm still eating fruits, veggies, and grilled meats. We keep to the organic and non-processed really well, so the doctor said he's not worried about the weight. And you know what? This is a season of life. My job is to grow little pea chunky and strong, so I'll lose the weight after when my priority isn't to nourish her. 

stretch marks: Still using Burt's Bees Mama Bee belly butter twice a day and zero stretch marks. I'm starting to feel a little more itchy so am hoping to keep avoiding stretch marks! I just lather up when I feel a little itch. 

sleep: It got better once I went back to work after winter vacation, because I'm exhausted at the end of the day. I wake up a few times in the middle of the night, but haven't struggled too much to fall back asleep. Lavender and Young Living Peace & Calming essential oils helps with my sleep, too.  

movement: All. The. Time. She hiccups a lot (my perinatalogist nurse said that's good! she's practicing breathing.) and stretches mostly. When she has days where she decides to roundhouse kick me, I could about double over though. Austen's excited for her to start karate lessons... 


best moment this week: Feeling more in control of the work paperwork and things happening at home! I decided to go into work on Monday to get papers run for February and March so that my copying is done and I can stop worrying about it. 

looking forward to: Only a couple of weeks left at school! After 8 hours on my feet, squatting and bending down with my second graders, I'm exhausted. My doctor wrote a note for me to have a modified work schedule for my last two weeks of pregnancy so that I can rest, get some nesting done, and to ease up on those symptoms that are just made worse by the end of a long workday (aka: Braxton Hicks, swollen feet, swollen fingers, moodiness, exhaustion...)

food cravings: Still pineapple and chicken tacos.  

weirdest food I ate this week: Austen made brown rice to go with salmon and a sweet potato for dinner, but the rice wasn't done in time. When it was done, I made rice with some salt, pepper, garlic, and soy sauce. Turns out, it was very delicious! Even Austen agreed. 

anything making you queasy or sick: No, thank goodness.

labor signs: I'm getting Braxton Hicks...in my lower back. I had a feeling I was going to be a back labor woman, because if it says, "Chances are slim..." then it's going to happen to me. They suck. It's like strong period cramps and it makes my waddling even more pronounced when they're happening. Once I started getting them it completely confirmed my decision to get an epidural. I do not handle pain well. 

what I miss: Sleep. I didn't sleep well one night this week and woke up wanting a nap.

symptoms: Emotional. Braxton Hicks in my back. Puffy feet and fingers. Lack of sleep. Heartburn. Lots of baby movement. Peeing a lot. Waddling even more. 

things that suck: I feel like I've lost so much patience lately. It takes a good week or two to get back into a routine in the classroom after winter break, for all of us. My kids got a little testy upon coming back to school and I just don't have the patience for it. I don't like that about myself right now, and am hoping they snap out of it this week!


things that don't suck: Things are feeling real. My hospital bag is halfway packed, the nursery is organized, and her newborn clothes and blankets are washed. My work paperwork is coming right along, and I'm feeling pretty solid about where I stand with stuff for my sub. She needs to hang tight at least until February, because I do need these last few weeks to finish prepping, but I'm feeling like I should have everything done (especially work related) in the next week or so. Whoo!

1 comment:

  1. You still look amazing Katie!

    I can't nelove she's already that big! I'm still so excited to see to see pictures of her here and on facebook etc!

    Also, so jealous of how far along you are and that your feeling her move all the time. What in the world do her hiccups feel like?!

    ReplyDelete

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...