Slider

decking the halls

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas is one of my favorite holidays. I love decorating for it, and this year decided to hone in on how we actually wanted our house to feel. There's a lot less going on this year as we've figured out how to decorate with meaning through the years and donate what isn't working anymore. For us, that means lots of little evergreens, whether they be real or decorative (my goal is for a bunch of different styles of trees to make a little tree farm on top of our piano). I love festive wreaths, and truth be told, there are two in our dining room. I'm also a sucker for holiday prints and my favorite two shops for them are Lindsay Letters and Little Baby Garvin's chalkboard prints on canvas.

So here's a little glimpse of how this exhausted preggo decked the halls for our last Christmas without babies (!!)...


We are super blessed to have this lovely 7 foot tall Douglas Fir from Oregon that was given to us by Trees for Troops! They partner with the Air Force Base and this tree is full and gorgeous. I still can't believe it was free; a huge blessing as we save up before little pea is born.




My favorite anthro-inspired diy wreath, and Christmas felt balls.





So that's our little house for the holidays. It smells like evergreens and we love it.

We want to wish your family a very Merry Christmas! I know the holidays can be tough sometimes, whether you lost a loved one, are hurting, or are spending Christmas away from those you love. We feel ya. We hope that you find peace and comfort this holiday season, and feel the true meaning of Christmas through all of the hustle and bustle.

And for more Christmasey inspiration, check out Victoria from Happily Ever Strader and Sarah from Silly Incantations!

1 comment:

  1. Your style matches mine so closely. I absolutely love how you've decorated <3 Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan