Tuesday, December 2, 2014

december goals

I love the holidays, and cannot believe that we've celebrated our anniversary in October, Thanksgiving in November, and now we're onto Christmas! January will be the hubs' birthday and February is baby time. I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. 


November's goals were: 

1. Finish little pea's baby quilt. 
2. Recruit my sister to help me find a nursery rug and organizational stuff for clothes she won't yet be wearing, etc. while she's in town. 
3. Make big pots of chili and wassail for friends after the Thunderbirds Homecoming Air Show. Instead of chili and wassail, Austen made us slow smoked pulled pork, seeing as it was 83* that weekend and my sister was in town, who had never had his BBQ before! Mmm. It was delicious.
4. Attend Las Vegas' Boots & Booties baby shower for military and spouses (I've heard it's an incredible experience).This was hosted on November 1, and was absolutely incredible. It was such a blessing to be a part of this event!
5. Bind the wintery X quilt, and get cozy with it on our last road trip before baby. 
6. Eat my heart out at Thanksgiving in Texas. 
7. Hug all the people I love at our baby shower thrown by family in Texas!

December's goals:

1. Celebrate our first Christmas at home in Vegas (seriously, we have always gone somewhere else for Christmas!), making new traditions as a soon-to-be family of three. 
2. Declutter Christmas decorations that don't have meaning or aren't the style we're going for anymore.
3. Plan for my long term sub during winter vacation.
4. Keep decluttering the house! Less is more, less is more. Specifically: the guest bedroom, master closet, master bedroom nightstands, and laundry room.
5. Work my way through Ann Voscamp's advent devotional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...