Monday, November 10, 2014

air show weekend

Last year we had no air show on Nellis AFB since the Thunderbirds tour season was canceled due to the government cut backs. This year, we were all pretty excited to have it back! My sister, Lauren, flew out to visit for a long weekend and the air show was top on our to-do list. Followed by nursery organization. 

First of all, when your sister comes in town, you have to take a bunch of pictures together - prepare yourselves now. 

On Friday, I dragged her to school with me and had her sit through a meeting with me and later grade some papers, in which, she decided she never wants to be a teacher. ;) That night, Austen, Lauren, and I went to The District at Green Valley where we had dinner and did some shopping. It was so sweet. One of my favorite moments was when we were walking by Janie & Jack, the children's boutique. Austen said, "Let's go in," and of course, their boy clothes might be almost cuter than the girl clothes. But once we found the little dresses, Austen said those are pretty dang cute and that we should buy one. I melted. He then picked out a little beret to go with little pea's dress. Then, I melted again. I'm glad my sister was there to ooh and ah with us over their precious baby outfits! 




Saturday was air show day! We spent a couple of hours there and then headed back to our house to watch the Thunderbirds show from the backyard while we snacked, then had slow smoked BBQ at our place with some friends.

I love air show weekend.

There are pictures of the plane that Austen's great-uncle used to fly (the F86 Saber - he has some crazy stories), the helicopter and rescue squadron demo, and the F22 display. When you're a Raptor wife, you don't go to the air show to see the Thunderbirds, you go to see the F22 display.




We wrapped up our weekend with some church on the apple tv and then shopping for nursery stuff at target. Lauren and I almost didn't go shopping on Sunday morning, but I'm so glad we headed out for a bit! We managed to find the perfect rug (finally) and happened upon a lamp base and shade that are just right. I need to still get the hubs to put the crib together and find a small night stand for next to the glider, but other than that, everything is pretty much done in the nursery! I'm starting to feel better about nursery nesting. Now, onto nesting in the other rooms...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...