Wednesday, October 29, 2014

six months...

Holy 6 month mark... I'm not even sure where the time has gone. I'm officially in the last stretch of my second trimester and prepping myself mentally for the scheduling chaos that is to come with both my OB/GYN and perinatalogist wanting to see me all the stinkin' time. Also, for the magic that is the glucose test. At least I've heard it's a lot like flat soda, and that I can handle (at least, I hope).


how far along: 24 weeks, which is 6 months!!

baby size: She's weighing 1 lb 8 ounces and measures just over a foot long. Oh, and apparently my uterus is the size of a soccer ball... 

baby's progress: Lots of movement. I can now see my belly move as she kicks which is both completely freaky and amazing at the same time. At her biweekly appointments, she's looking good! I've had a few people tell me they think the doctors will make the decision to go with a c-section (random?). Guess we'll see as it gets closer. 

weight gain: Right around the 20 lb mark. Not going to lie, that was a tough one for me. After working so hard to lose 25-30 lbs and then seeing the scale go up again... I struggled. I also think lots of bloggers post about their weight and it's assumed to gain such small amounts. Apparently not for me! I'm trying to keep it healthy though and have made a few changes (aka: less snacks) and have noticed myself stay pretty even on the scale for the past couple of weeks. 

stretch marks: No (thank goodness because the bump is really growing now!), but I'm still using Burt's Bees mama bee belly butter. 

sleep: Not so hot. It's better than when I was sick a few weeks ago, but I have a harder and harder time actually falling asleep as my belly grows. We got a tempur pedic body pillow a few months ago when I needed to force myself to stop rolling onto my stomach in my sleep and it is such a lifesaver! SO worth the extra money.

movement: Lots of movement! 


best moment this week: Lilly came over, snuggled up, and put her head on my belly (like she always does) then got a swift kick to the head by the baby. It completely freaked her out and she is pretty content to cuddle down by my knees now.


Another great one was getting up from the couch a couple of Saturdays ago and fell onto my knees and hand. I'm talking the whole nine yards: crack-smack sound. Austen jumped up and I was laughing saying I couldn't move, it hurt so bad. He pulled me up and I had the sudden urge to pee, but walking sounded too difficult and I started crying as he laid me on the couch. I just laid there crying while he rubbed my hip saying how it hurt, and I had to pee. He asked if the baby was okay, and I said yes. I finally got up and cried the whole way back to the couch, realizing the only way I would feel fully better was if I had chipotle. Needless to say, he got me chipotle. 

looking forward to: Finishing her nursery! We need to put the crib together and my goal for this weekend is to make a Home Goods run to find a rug. I found a couple of contenders at Target but none that I really think will work well, although I did find her curtains and got those hung. Just a little color and texture from curtains and a rug makes such a difference in these all-white-everything base housing homes.

food cravings: Pineapple. And crockpot chicken tacos. Not necessarily at the same time, but mmm.   

weirdest food I ate this week: Apparently some think pineapple with chocolate chips is strange. It reminds me of chocolate covered pineapples, which you can get on those fruit bouquets. 


anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing really this past week. For some reason, my weekends are when I feel more nauseous than weekdays. I'm assuming I just slow down enough to notice it while during the week, it's go go go. I don't have time for nausea during the weekdays. ;)

labor signs: Nope


what I miss: Mixed drinks. I could so go for some pineapple juice with skinny girl vodka right about now.

symptoms: Besides her round house kicking my insides... Lack of sleep. The need to pee, and pee right away (it feels like she sits on my bladder or kicks it when I stand up, which leads to me feeling like I need to go asap). Extra hair growth (and not just on my head... your armpit and leg hair grows faster too... you're welcome for that.). Hormone swings! 

things that suck: Bending over, whether it be to tie your shoes or get a pot off the bottom shelf in the lower cabinets. It's just not comfortable or graceful.  

things that don't suck: Now that she's putting on weight, her ultrasounds are too dang cute! She's got a little button nose (totally from Austen) and kissable little lips. Her registry is pretty much done, and invites have been shipped for our Texas baby shower right after Thanksgiving! We also got the book that spells out her name in it (which we'll use to announce her name) and I love it. It also doesn't suck to be pregnant when all the good smelling candles, scentsy bars, and pumpkin-everything is coming out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...