Slider

day 4: trends to love or hate

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Day 4: Pick a fashion trend you love and a fashion trend you hate. Win us over!

Fashion has me kind of buffled lately. I used to know how to dress myself, but now that my body has done a 180*, I'm not really sure how to dress anymore. I'd prefer to be pant-less all day long, but that's not really socially acceptable. I'm sure as my baby bump actually looks more pregnancy related and less Chipotle related, I'll figure it out again. Until then, I wear anything that doesn't hug my belly (it's sensitive to the touch) and that I feel somewhat decent in (aka: one maternity dress, and I battle with my jeans twice a week for casual days)

So, I'm kind of taking my own spin on today's blog-a-day prompt. Instead of fashion, how about decorating? 


What trend do I love? - I love the calligraphy and gorgeous hand lettering that has taken up steam the past year or so (or longer if I've just now noticed it). Why? Because it's unique to both the artist and to those who put it in their homes. I especially love Lindsay Letters, Hello Maypole, and 1 Canoe 2. We have a lot of Lindsay Letters' pieces in our home, and I recently got my sister hooked on her, too. One of my all time favorite pieces in our home, though, came from Hello Maypole. 

Austen & I got married in a courthouse wedding, so we didn't actually have a first dance. About a month after our wedding, we were driving and the song, "She's Like Texas" by the Josh Abbott Band came on the radio. We had both loved that song and associated it with each other for a long time, but this time, he said, "I want to have a vow renewal or reception someday, and I want to have this song be our first dance." It officially became "our song" after that. But, how many things have you seen in those lyrics? Probably none. So when I won a custom hand lettered piece from Hello Maypole in an auction, I knew exactly what I wanted. It's easily one of my top five favorite things in our house (along with our antique player piano, ginormous sectional, and hutch full of Polish pottery), and is my favorite piece of artwork. 

Hand lettering can be so customizable, and have so much meaning, that I don't see how anyone couldn't make some form of it fit in their home somewhere. I lean towards the romantic, flowy kind but there's chunky or simpler styles that can fit other personalities. We seriously have some sort of hand lettering in every room of our house. I love it that much.
What trend do I hate? - Chevron. I feel like sometimes, it can be done well. Maybe the thin chevron lines. But I'm just not a fan of it. I never really got into the trend, and I feel like it was overdone for it to feel like it'd last. I'm much more of a polka dots kind of girl.

4 comments:

  1. Love your twist on the prompt! And, wow, what a beautiful, meaningful, piece to have in your home. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the direction you took this post! The lyrics on the canvas are precious and you and your husband will always have that as a little reminder! And I completely agree with the chevron... its just been over done. Love your blog.. glad I found you through the link-up! :)

    Danielle
    simplyafaithfulwalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I forgot to mention that I am going to be a teacher too! This is my last year of college and then hopefully I'll have some 1st or 2nd grade babies of my own! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. please stop here and read up my story,thanks to Dr Brave for bringing back my wife,and brought great joy to my family once again"

    Hello to every one out here, am here to share the unexpected miracle that happened to me three days ago, My name is Jeffrey Dowling,i live in TEXAS,USA.and I`m happily married to a lovely and caring wife,with two kids A very big problem occurred in my family seven months ago,between me and my wife so terrible that she took the case to court for a divorce she said that she never wanted to stay with me again,and that she did not love me anymore So she packed out of my house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get her back,after much begging,but all to no avail and she confirmed it that she has made her decision,and she never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my wife So i explained every thing to her,so she told me that the only way i can get my wife back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for her too So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow her advice. Then she gave me the email address of the spell caster whom she visited.(bravespellcaster@gmail.com}, So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address she gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my wife back the next day what an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my wife who did not call me for the past seven {7}months,gave me a call to inform me that she was coming back So Amazing!! So that was how she came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and she apologized for her mistake,and for the pain she caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, i will advice you out there to kindly visit the same website http://bravespellcaster.yolasite.com,if you are in any condition like this,or you have any problem related to “bringing your ex back. So thanks to Dr Brave for bringing back my wife,and brought great joy to my family once again.{bravespellcaster@gmail.com} , Thanks.

    Are you passing through any of these problems

    1. GETTING YOUR EX LOVER BACK.

    2. DIVORCE SPELL.

    3. WINNING LOTTERIES.

    4. BREAKING OF GENERATION COURSE.

    5. GETTING OF JOB.

    6. CHILD BEARING.

    7. MONEY SPELL.

    8. CURING OF HIV AND MANY MORE.

    9. HERBAL CARE.

    10. BEAUTY SPELL.

    11. BUSINESS CHARMS TO ENQUIRE MORE CUSTOMERS AND LOT'S MORE..

    I will advice you out there to kindly visit the same website http://bravespellcaster.yolasite.com,if you are in any condition like this,or you have any problem related to “bringing your ex back. So thanks to Dr Brave for bringing back my wife,and brought great joy to my family once again.{bravespellcaster@gmail.com} , Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan