Slider

day 26: the past year

Friday, September 26, 2014

Day 26: How have you changed in the past year?


Last September, I had just started my first year of teaching. From a professional standpoint, I have grown so much. Lots of tears were shed, but I really do feel like I'm in a much better place now, both physically and emotionally with my career as a teacher. I had a meltdown towards the end of last year, because I wasn't sure teaching was for me. I have since learned that's not true, and I really do love what I do.

With our 4th anniversary coming up next month, I've been thinking back on the past year of marriage, too. No one said marriage was easy. In fact, it can be plain hard at times. We've had some honest conversations and I believe our marriage is better for it. To be completely honest, I'm glad we waited this long to have babies. I'm sure it would have been a blessing no matter when it happened, but I feel like we took the time to really build our relationship so that even when we're sleep deprived and hormonal (or maybe that's just me...), we can hang in there together. We talk now about how excited we are for the next phase of life, not scared by it. I think earlier in our marriage, we would have been more afraid of how a baby will bring changes to our relationship. 

Of course, there's now a baby on the way! I'm 19 1/2 weeks pregnant, so almost halfway there. Whoo hoo!! This pregnancy has brought about more changes that I could have thought, but I really do feel so blessed by it. There are moments I wish I could just slow down and savor it more (really, just at work), but it really is getting into the fun moments. I had my first prenatal massage, courtesy of my husband. We sold a kitchenette set we had in Utah over the summer, and the lady is a massage therapist on base. She traded us 2 1/2 hours worth of massages for it, and since Austen is really happy as long as I itch his back, he said I could use them. Mmm. It really is so relaxing after a long day of work. 

We're also one year closer to moving back to Texas. Austen's in that so-close phase of mind. I'm a little sad to actually leave here, though. I won't miss the dryness or the desert, but I love, love, love where I work and we do have some amazing friends. However, as my mom and sister plan our baby shower back in Texas, I'm reminded of all I'm gaining when we move back. And trees. I can't wait to have trees again. Oh, and to actually plant my hydrangeas in the ground. 

Lots can happen in a year. 

I can't believe a year from now, we'll be preparing our house for moving (it's a process, ya'll) and will have an 8 month old baby girl!! 

2 comments:

  1. Lots CAN happen in a year, I agree. You enjoy the rest of your pregnancy, it's a beautiful time xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it so crazy what a single year can do?!

    ReplyDelete

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan