Slider

day 11: inspiration

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Day 11: How do you stay inspired? Who inspires you the most?

i tease austen that i can handle anything with cool weather and golden aspens

I used to feel so inspired by so much around me. After a tough go-around with trimester one and all the joys that came with it (namely: morning sickness and exhaustion), it was more of a go-through-the-motions sort of feeling. Now with 29 second graders (yup, I got a new student!) and still battling some morning sickness, I still feel like getting through the day is an accomplishment. 

One thing I used to love was to be inspired by people who quilt. I haven't sewn in months, and I hate that. I need to make a baby quilt for a friend, and have recently found what I want to do for little pea's nursery. I'll share more on that later as I post more about her sweet little room. 

I think being inspired to decorate has been more on my mind lately. Whether it's the nursery or our guest bedroom, I want spaces that are inviting yet "us". We have less than 2 years left in Las Vegas, which I'm sort of bittersweet about, but we already know what house we're moving back to in Texas. That's a blessing, because we know what we'll have room for, and I can plan on how to decorate it! 

I feel like all of that inspiration pretty much comes from pinterest these days, or bloggers with similar styles. Even friends who have incorporated pieces well into their homes that we love! Some things we're really looking forward to are: 

a custom dining room table
repainting the walls
building a garage
a third phase of kitchen reno
a king size bed!!!

As I start to feel more like myself again, I start to feel more inspired by what's around me. I'm so thankful for the changing seasons as I start to feel better, because it feels fresh. I hate the heat and cannot wait for it to actually cool off!! Maybe it's the pumpkin and b&bw "leaves" candles that are helping that inspiration come back to me again... :)

Brave Love Blog


2 comments:

  1. The King size bed will be important when your little one is born!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm inspired by you, I teach kindergarten and find that exhausting,I can't imagine having so many second graders and being pregnant! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan