Monday, September 1, 2014

day 1 - about the author

I'm linking up for the blogtember challenge with Bailey from Brave Love. The first prompt is: Imagine the front sleeve of a hard cover novel. Give us your "About the Author" so we can get to know one another, and for fun tell us what your imaginary novel would be about.

So, here's a little about me - 


I'm Katie, and I'm married to my Airman, Austen. I originally grew up outside of St. Louis, MO but moved to Fort Worth, TX just three weeks before my senior year of high school. I swore I'd leave Texas for college, but stayed. I went to the University of North Texas for 3 1/2 years, and that is where I met Austen. He wasn't attending college there, but we had a mutual friend. I'll tell ya'll more about our little love story later this month, because it's kind of a funny one. Needless to say, I broke all the girl code. 

After knowing each other and dating for 15 months, we got engaged. After 5 days of being engaged, we got married. He was in tech school with the Air Force, and less than 2 months later, we made the 18 hour move from Denton, TX to Las Vegas, NV. Nellis Air Force Base has been home to us for the past 3 1/2 years, and it's starting to settle in on me. I hate the heat, and I hate the lack of trees and grass, but I love our friends here. I love the school I teach at and the home we've made together. 

On that note, I teach second grade at the elementary school on the AFB. That means, all of my students have one or both parents in the military. It's a unique bunch, and I love all of their life experience at just seven years old! 

We're also expecting our first baby!! A little girl, due right around Valentine's Day. We are so, so excited and thank goodness, we can agree on a name because we can't agree on nursery colors. I was told to go for whatever, but apparently radiant orchid as an accent color is a no go. He'd like more of greens. We'll see how this turns out... ;)

We also have two sweet fur babies, Lilly & Shiloh. They photo bomb a lot around here, and thank goodness, because they're pretty dang cute. 

So I guess that's pretty much me in a nutshell! Oh, and if I had to write a novel, I have no idea what it'd be about. I love reading, but don't know what I'd actually write a book about if someone told me I had to. Probably something military related, sort of like Army Wives. 

Can't wait to read ya'lls who are linking up, and keep coming back for more posts from the link up this month! 

5 comments:

  1. My husband and I were married after being engaged only two days so I'm all about quick weddings. Congrats on your soon-to-be little bundle of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha at least you agree on the name (which, are you going to share soon?) ;)
    Colors scheme you can always work out later! Maybe a nice combination of your likes and his likes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your little girl coming next year...I am praying that I can be called mommy soon! Also...I'm a Fort Worth girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girlfriend.. you look AWESOME. Obsessed with that little baby bell of yours! My birthday is February 9 & I've always loved being a Feb birthday.. maybe now I'll share with your little girl? :) BAH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay! another blogger in las vegas! i was born and raised in vegas and i hate the heat and the lack of green too. i don't think you ever get "used" to it. but it does grow on you though...
    congrats on your baby!!
    i can't wait to see what else you post for blog-tember!
    http://allthingsbritneylee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...