Slider

all things texas

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Our annual summer Texas vaca to visit family.

It's my favorite. As in, I look forward to it all. year. long. This year was no different. Except the fact that my parents moved out of their 5 bedroom house with a pool and into our old 2 bedroom house in a college town.

Plus side, Austen & I love that little house. Negative side, no more floating in the pool on my vaca. Womp womp.

Here are some iPhone glimpses ((since we left our fancy schmancy camera)) at our Texas trip:

We were really excited to have been able to be back in town just a few days after my momma's birthday, and during the week long celebration of my littlest sister's 22nd birthday. I think she wore out the phrase, "I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22!" ;)



My parents also bought a house while we were in town! It's a fixer upper, like a gut job kind of project. However, what it's lacking in usability, it makes up for in being across the street from an equestrian farm. Seriously, how could you beat this view? And from your front porch?! Needless to say, we can't wait to move back to Texas and spend Sunday dinners there. Oh, and plus side, it has a pool!! Yay for spending my summer months floating around aimlessly again... ;)


With all of the excitement of my parents putting in an offer and contract on a house, and our knowing that we'll be back to Texas for good in less than 2 years, we talked a lot about where we'd like to live. Currently, we're planning on buying back the little old ranch styled house my parents are living in. It was mine & Austen's first house, back before we moved out to Nellis AFB. Nothing is set in stone, but they've agreed not to sell it until we come back and decide either to buy it, or buy something else. Of course, I'm already thinking of where all my hydrangeas will go, and the hubs is looking at plans for building a garage and fence. We just love this little house.


Overall, we so enjoyed our trip back home! It was time well spent with family and friends.

The countdown is on, ya'll. Only 23 more months until we're back in Texas for good. And we cannot wait.

1 comment:

  1. What a cute little house! And that view! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan