Wednesday, June 4, 2014

swoon quilt sources

I shared how I made a crazy goal of finishing a queen sized quilt top in two weeks, here. Since Camille Roskelley is the designer of the swoon quilt pattern, I decided to use all Bonnie & Camille fabrics that she and her mom, Bonnie, designed for Moda. Instead of going with fat quarters, which is what is recommended for this quilt, I bought yardage and doubled up on some of my patterns.


Here's links to where I got my fabric from:

((this is seriously the best white, ever. it's the perfect blend of creamy and bleached. I had no idea I would be so excited to see white fabric, but it's the only white I'll use from now on!))






I bought my fabric from Missouri Star Quilt, Co. when possible, and etsy when I couldn't. I order almost all of my fabric through MSQC. One of my favorite etsy shops that I got fabric from for this quilt was Gooba Designs. She had little handwritten thank you notes with each purchase ((I ordered from her twice)), along with 3 6" squares of coordinating fabric. While I didn't use them for this quilt, what I liked was the thoughtfulness, and that it got me thinking color schemes outside of my usual box of color combinations.

My swoon quilt has been sent off to be quilted, and I cannot wait to get it back and get all sorts of cozy under it in bed. I am so pleased with the way it turned out, and really was so happy to have found so many Bonnie & Camille fabrics that worked so well for this! I have leftover fabric and am thinking of making two big swoon pillows for Euro shams, and maybe a throw pillow for our bed. We'll see how brave I get, seeing as how zippers and I have never been good friends with a sewing machine... 

Anyone else on color combo kicks lately? My sisters tried to get me to gift this quilt to them, since their kitchen/family room colors are grey and yellow. Our kitchen is the same colors, so I told them nice try, but no. ;) I'm loving these light and bright colors, lately! And turquoise. And solid grey. And white ((I know, I'm just as shocked as ya'll)). When Austen saw the quilt finished, his response was, "Whoa. It's so big... and so white." I told him yes, and yes again.

I think I'm becoming a neutral over color person... Victoria, Jamie, and Nicole would be proud. ;)

3 comments:

  1. Love that you are sewing a quilt! How awesome! I have that on my life long bucket list in the form of, "Learn how to sew!" Guess I better start with something easier :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl! This quilt is incredible. We have a group that quilts at our church--like 10 women. Most of them are seasoned, but some are learning the ropes. I would love to, but I'm clueless. I love mixing and matching fabrics for an awesome look. I absolutely love the fabrics you chose. It's beautiful. Thanks for linking up to WYWW. Please come back tomorrow and link-up again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always so impressed with anyone that can see a quilt top. I can sew a little, but quilts are intimidating to me. The colors and patterns you chose are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...