Slider

january in june

Monday, June 9, 2014

"They call me crazy..."

"I'm a nut ((knock, knock)). I'm a nut ((knock, knock))."

So, with summer here, I had a crazy idea. How about I bite the bullet and try to make that wildflower appliqué quilt on my 30 before 30 list I've been wanting to make for months?!

Um. Okay?

After tracing and cutting approximately 50 small pieces of freezer paper, realizing I would then recut them once attached to the fabric, I realized how crazy I am. This is way outside of my realm of quilting knowledge.

this is my january bittersweet block with the raw edges ((they need to be folded and glued under still)), so it'll actually be smaller than this currently is. oh, and it has to be appliqué sewn down, too. but this is the general jist of the block. love!

Two of my old lady quilting friends ((who are probably cooler than most twenty-something years olds I know... just fyi)) taught me how to machine appliqué several months ago. I just never got the hang of it. I'm not exactly sure how sewing this one will go. Machine or by hand? Honestly, it might be a little combination of them both. And if it doesn't work, then I'll relearn how to machine appliqué. No biggie. ((at least, that's what I keep telling myself...))

There are twelve blocks total - one for each month of the year with a different wildflower. January's is yellows, orange, and greens for bittersweet. So I guess I'll be making January's block this June, and going forward from there. If I do one a month, I'll finish December in May. Confused yet?



Wish me luck, ya'll...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan