Friday, April 11, 2014

the guest room

I am so excited that this upcoming week, I have two very special ladies who will be guest posting here while I'm off in Poland. They are such dolls, have written such meaningful posts, and I know all ya'll will absolutely adore them.

Before I go, I wanted to share a room that has come a long way for me, but still has quite a ways to go. The back story is that when we first moved to Nellis AFB, Austen & I went out shopping for house stuff with my best friend one night. When we moved here, we had our bedroom set, the guest bedroom mattress, and some kitchen dishes. That was it. We needed bedding for our guest room and bathroom finishes. I love my best friend, Jessica, and go figure, we both picked out matching bathroom and bedroom sets. Hers went into their master bedroom while ours went into our guest room.

I decided that while I loved the fullness of the comforter, I wanted a quilt on every bed, so I put it into the closet, as well as the matching shams. I'm keeping with cooler colors, which I usually don't do, and absolutely love it.




We need new Euro shams and eventually ((like when we move)) a new bedskirt, but I really like the way it's coming together! Especially the mix of throw pillows on the bed. I am completely still swooning over the turquoise Hawaiian snowflake pillow and matching knitted throw. That said, the African safari picture probably won't stay forever, but we needed something big on that wall. Yes, it also needs to be rehung higher. Things I know, I just haven't gotten around to.

double Irish chain quilt ((handmade)) / knitted throw ((thrifted))

I wanted this room to come together a little bit more and feel more like our style. We have family coming out to visit this summer and autumn, so I want to have the room pretty much set so that I can decorate other places. Like our sewing room/someday nursery. I am seriously at a loss for making a sewing room and nursery coincide in peace together.

Thank goodness for the guest room I like it too much to get rid of it and make it my sewing room. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...