Slider

simply sweet melissa

Monday, April 14, 2014

I'm kicking off my guest posts while I'm gone for spring break with the sweetest Melissa. She is an absolute doll! Her blog is filled with fun Friday favorites, pictures of her sweet pup, Miller, and outings she & her boyfriend share. Ya'll will love her blog, so go say hello! I am so honored to have her share here at sweet pea's today. 

---

Hey everyone, I'm Melissa and I blog over at Simply Sweet Melissa! I am so excited that Katie asked me to take over her blog today (insert lot's of excitement because I adore this girl) while she is enjoying herself over Spring Break in POLAND! How cool is that?! I may be a tad jealous and can't imagine how beautiful it must be there... So Katie, I really hope you take a ton of photos that you'll be able to share with us all when you return ;)

In honor of Katie's trip, I thought I would write a post on all things travel! Seems pretty fitting right? Well one fun fact about me is I LOVE to travel. Period. I'll always say YES to a weekend road trip and you can count me in on any semi-unplanned adventure. It's all just so exciting to me. Life is an adventure after all...so why not get out an explore all that God has created?

As I look back and wander down "memory lane", I have to stop and remind myself of how lucky I have been thus far in my life because of all the opportunities I've had that have allowed me to experience different cultures, customs, dialects, beliefs, family values, etc. I feel so lucky and excited to share with y'all some places I've been, both near and far, and would love to hear of some of your favorite vacation spots, hidden gems you've discovered, and future travel plans you might have!




Charleston, SC (read my full post here)

Charleston is one of the most charming places I have ever been too. From the cobblestone roads, historic churches and gardens galore, to the extremely friendly people and mouth watering good southern food, Charleston is a must for anyone looking to experience a romantic trip. It's hard not to be thankful for all you have while you are wondering down Rainbow Row or relaxing in Battery Park in my opinion. And for those located in North Carolina, it's only a few hours of a drive and well worth it.





Asheville, NC (read my full post here)

My boyfriend Will and I have been to Asheville, NC twice. The first time we went for a few days and ran in the New Year. The second time we to on a tour of The Biltmore Estate, imaging what it would have been like when The Vanderbilt's lived there. Asheville is such a neat place. There are so many great restaurants to check out, tons of events going on, live concerts every weekend and hundreds of things to do for families and couples alike. And no matter what the weather might be like, you will always find something fun to do!






Greece (read my full post here)

Goodness, I don't even know where to begin telling you all about Greece! I studied Art Appreciation in College and was able to travel around Greece while studying abroad there. It was amazing. The weather always seemed perfect. Every photo I took always seemed to turn out perfect. It was like experiencing a fairy tale but in real life. Greece is THAT gorgeous. The artifacts, the culture, all of your surroundings are something I hope each and every one of you gets to experience in real life one day! This is defiantly a place that I could see myself never growing tired of visiting ;)






Ireland (read my full post here)

Ireland...where the grass is always greener and the weather always unpredictable. My senior year of High School my youth group took a Mission's Trip to Ireland for about a week and while there, had the opportunity to go sightseeing, chase sheep walk through castles and hear legends from all the locals. This was such a magical trip. The experience of going to Ireland brought me so much closer to God and left me wanting to travel the world and get to experience being a tourist, all while spending lots of time with locals and helping those who are in need.

And so sweet readers, those are some of my favorite travel spots! I've had fun getting to reminisce on these past trips and already have a list of places I can't wait to check out in the near future! Next stop...Savannah, GA!

3 comments:

  1. fabulous post, jealous of all the travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved getting to guest post for you sweet thing! Can't wait for you to return from your trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great photos - I have a serious case of Wanderlust!

    xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan