Sunday, February 23, 2014

the liebster award

Day 23: the joys of blogging

Yesterday, I woke up to a sweet email from Michelle at Homespun Grace saying that I was chosen for the Liebster Award. Such a sweet way to wake up! 


One of the joys of blogging is "meeting" so many other people, and gaining support or ideas from them. I love blogs where I can get great decorating ideas, or devotionals, or see another beautiful marriage. I love emailing with these lovely ladies, and meeting up when we have the opportunities to. Blogging is uplifting for me, and such a beautiful way to inspire others, and be inspired by other.

So...there are some questions Michelle asked me, and here are my responses for ya'll: 

1. What made you decide to start blogging?
I started blogging when Austen joined the Air Force, and documented our engagement and marriage, then our move from Texas to Vegas. It's slowly transformed ((thank goodness)) from "dogtags & diamonds" to "sweet pea's". It'll probably transform again once Austen gets out of the military, we have babies, and when we buy our own home.

2. What is one of your favorite hobbies? 
I love skiing. It's something Austen & I can do together, and there's a thrill in it. He's such a dare devil when skiing, while I'm usually not. I'm still trying to master my technique ((heck, I get excited when I can put all of my own gear by myself...)) Every now and then, I get competitive with him and try following him down black diamond slopes... Every now and then. 

3. What is your dream job? 
Right now, it's to be able to stay at home with our babies. I'd also like to help Austen at his future law firm, and maybe a small handmade business on the side. I really just want to find something I'm passionate about, and enjoy spending my days doing it. 

4. What is something great God is doing in your life right now?
I think something big God is doing in our life right now is changing our minds and hearts from being selfish and concerned about just us, to that shift that happens when you decide to grow your family. Even if it takes us a while, it's amazing to get to see that selfless transformation happen already in our relationship. We're becoming more and more ready for it to not be just about us.

5. What is something you would love to learn?
I would really love to be fluent in Polish. I'm trying right now, as I'm learning how to read and speak it ((very, very slowly)). It would be really great to have dinners as a family, speaking in Polish with our babies. Where you came from is everything, and I would love to learn it as a nod to my grandma's first language. I'd also love to learn more quilting techniques. I just learned how to paper piece, which I officially love. 

6. What is something you can't live without?
My husband. I know that sounds so cheesy, but for real. He might drive me nutty sometimes, but I love him more than anything.

7. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Poland. I am beyond excited to be going in less than 50 days with my momma and ciacio ((aunt)). I'm prepping our budget for me to be able to buy plenty of Polish pottery and children's books and DVDs in Polish. 

8. Your all time favorite memory?
Geez. This is a tough one. One of my favorites was last April when Austen & I went to Chicago for my Grandma Rose's 80th birthday. My momma had been telling us how her memory was going, and she had forgotten at one point that she called my momma her "itsy bitsy" ((like her entire life)). I had emotionally prepared myself for her to not remember that I'm her "K-K-K-Katie", like from the old song. When she came into the restaurant for dinner, I got up to hug her and her first words were, "My K-K-K-Katie!!" Everyone started crying. Then, she met Austen for the first time and made a comment about her first grandson-in-law and how hot he was ((that's my Grandma for you!)). Just thinking about it still makes me chock up.

9. What is your best beauty tip?
Invest in good products! Whether you're a hair or makeup girl, spend the extra money to get something of great quality. People ask me often how I curl my hair, and they cringe when I tell them how much I spent on my curling wand. However, my curls last for days if I wanted them to, and the quality of the curling wand will last for years! It's worth the extra money to get something of great quality, if you know you'll use it all the time. 

10. What is something you wish you knew when you were younger?
I wish I had known how much I would miss my family when we moved away. I spent a lot of time going home when I lived an hour away at college, but I would have done so even more. I would have cleared the week of my littlest sister's birthday each summer, instead of making plans and being gone for some of those parties. I just would have cherished those family times more. You don't realize how much you'll miss them when you're gone and can't get back home.

So now it's my turn to pass the award along. I hope ya'll check out these lovely ladies' blogs and give them a follow while you're at it! 


 Blog Everyday in February

1 comment:

  1. What a fun idea to learn Polish - it's really great to teach kids a language when they are young because it is so much easier for them to pick it up.

    I feel like God is always teaching me how to be less self-centered. It's a never ending lesson. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...