Wednesday, February 26, 2014

oh, this week

I wanted to wrap up this last week in February, and blog-everyday-for-a-month business with a bang ((even if I missed a day here or there)). This week just won't let me. Let me clue ya'll in to a little bit of my life lately, and hopefully all ya'll will be generous in understanding why my posts might have been tossed together or plain 'ole nonexistent.


The elementary school that I teach at is one of ten going from a nine month schedule to year round next August. I have been overwhelmed with new schedules and decisions that needed to be made like yesterday, and trying to find the balance between this new schedule and our personal life. What is the best decision? is all I can think about. It is constant, and it is draining.

I had a moment on Monday where all I could hear from God was, "Wait." Ya'll. I am really bad at waiting, especially when I feel like I have no control over the situation. I had an opportunity, and kind of haphazardly prayed about it when it was presented to me, and then went on my merry way to make up my mind. But I couldn't. The facts were all there, but I could not figure out what I wanted to do about it. In a 3 hour night class, I finally had my answer. Wait. I didn't like it, but I needed it. I slowed down long enough to realize what was important and could actually hear my husband's response when I told him. From that, I could hear my decision.

All of this on top of a grade book that is nowhere where it needs to be for the end of the trimester report cards that are quickly approaching, lesson plans that aren't done yet, and a mound of papers that need to be sorted on my desk. There are the reading week plans that are not complete, along with coordinating outfits and books for each day of reading week that our kiddos are not in standard student attire ((aka: uniforms)) ((but I am excited about reading week activities! just a lot to do...)) The to-do list of a teacher never ends...

the most precious of reminders from my firsties during centers...

Thankfully, I have peace about the whole heaping, jumbled situation now. It will all work out just as it's supposed to. God has a plan, and it doesn't really matter at the end of the day what my plan was anyways. His will supersede it, and it will be better than mine could ever have been, whether I see that in the short or long term.

So I apologize to each of ya'll. I was so looking forward to enjoying my final week of blogging everyday through February, and then my week had to go and blow up in my face.

Here's hoping I can squeeze in some of the last prompts later this week ;)

 Blog Everyday in February

3 comments:

  1. oh goodness gracious. bless your heart. I cannot imagine going from a regular school year to switching to a year round schedule! I thought the regular school schedule was enough! And the meetings, and papers, and plans, and grading, and everything that goes along with teaching... I can relate. That is one thing I do not miss about teaching. I'll say a prayer for you as you work on getting all of that stuff done. I know it can be overwhelming! And wow, what a change for you!

    Hopefully you don't have to wait too long... I feel like waiting for God's timing is one of the hardest things sometimes. But, he always knows what is best. right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine switching from a regular school year to year round. What is the reasoning for it? I am so curious. I will say a prayer for ya to get everything done and hopefully the transition will be smooth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww that stinks! I think that the "waiting" thing is a common teacher problem. We are so used to making plans and figuring things out that we really have trouble when we don't know what's going to happen in the future. I'm the same way! I spiral into a panic and just have to take a deep breath and calm myself down. Everything will work out just fine!

    ReplyDelete

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...