Slider

going to poland!

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Day 11: a story of traveling

Right before Christmas, my momma told me that she and my dad were considering taking me to Poland during my spring break as a 25th birthday gift for me ((as my birthday is a couple of weeks before spring break this year)). I was on cloud nine. I had literally been thinking about how amazing it would be to go to Poland so I could immerse myself in the language and culture so that I could better teach myself, and our babies.


Our plane tickets are officially all booked. My new passport came in the mail. We got a Canon 70d, and I'm already planning my outfits. Not that it's still 2+ months away or anything... 

It'll be my momma, aunt, and myself going to southern Poland for 5 days. We have plans to do lots of sight seeing in Poland, as well as see Auschwitz, before spending some time with family we have in that area. I can't wait to eat kolachkys for breakfast ((yes, they are cookies, but who hasn't eaten a cookie for breakfast before?! don't judge me.)) and learn how to make pierogies from family. I'll be on the hunt for some Polish pottery, as well as stocking up on some Disney movies and children's books in Polish. Watching Pieknai i Bestia online can only happen so many times before I just want the DVD... ;)


So yes. Poland for spring break!! I am ridiculously excited, as this is such a blessing and we are so so excited to go. Austen will hold down the fort at home, snuggling the boogs as I enjoy all Poland has to offer.

 Blog Everyday in February

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh! Please take a million pictures - especially of Auschwitz so I can live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan