Friday, January 3, 2014

relaxing in 2014

"Many people chose a word to reflect on, live by or aspire to for the New Year. Let us know your word, how you decided upon it & how you plan to incorporate it into 2014."

A word to live the new year by... 

No pressure, ya'll.

  
Relax. That's my word for 2014.

I was so overwhelmed for the past 4 months. I didn't enjoy much of anything. I was over worked and under rested, and all by my own choice. I over committed myself in tutoring and classes. None of it was worth it, or healthy for myself and those around me. I bitched about a lot and was not a joyful person. That's not like me. 

This year brings so many joys. New phases life. A trip my family has been day dreaming about for years, and I am blessed to go on. The ending and beginning of a new school year. I don't want to be so exhausted I don't enjoy it.

On New Years day, I ordered a book to read, just for fun. I have a quilt sprawled out over our dining room table that I'm quilting together. I'm decluttering our office to make room for the new. I slept twelve hours last night, just because I could. Then we lounged on the couch all morning long, just to be together.

Relax. Read a book. Finish a quilt. Start a new quilt. Go to yoga. Walk the dogs. Clean the house. Bake cookies. Try a new recipe. Laugh with my husband.

These are things I plan on doing for the new year, so that I am a better me, a better wife, a better teacher, a better daughter and sister.

-- I'm linking up

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...