Wednesday, January 1, 2014

january goals

I feel like it was just a couple of months ago that we were ringing in 2013, and I couldn't wait for all the year would bring. Trust me when I say that it did not disappoint, and 2013 just might have been our best year yet. However, I have a good feeling 2014 will bring even more joys and new phases of life that we could not be more excited about!


For the past week and a half of winter vacation, I've reflected a lot on the past semester and what I want to do differently this year. I mean this both professionally and personally. From that, I've come up with my January goals!

1. Spend more time relaxing and doing things that I love. This can be as simple as reading a book, quilting in the evenings, or going to yoga ((and getting Austen to come, too!)). I overwhelmed myself last semester and didn't have time for any of these, and have realized how much I missed doing things that I enjoy.

2. Cook and clean for my husband. This one swings both ways, because I felt like a hot mess when I came home and the dishes were still in the sink, laundry had piled up in the laundry room, and all I wanted to do was crash on the couch. Not good, Katie. I have so many recipes I've been wanting to try, like pierogies and pizelle cookies ((both on my 30 before 30 list!)) but hadn't had time. I'm going to change that this month.

3. Learn and master 5 new phrases of Polish. I have a sweet cousin who lives in Krakow, Poland who is helping me learn Polish and I really need to start mastering some of the phrases! Austen & I think bilingualism is an incredible gift and something we want to give to our children. Time for me to learn so that I can teach them. I also want them to know more than "dupa" growing up... ((what my family grew up saying and thought was "butt" actually means "ass" in Polish... that should tell you a lot about my family)). Real phrases besides curse words would be nice to know. ;)

So there ya'll have it. A few simple goals to start January off on the right foot. Has anyone else set any goals for the New Year, or broken it down into the month of January? I'd love to hear what they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...