Thursday, January 9, 2014

an empty well


The first week back to school is just about done. Whew, ya'll.

This year, I didn't make a lot of formal resolutions. My word of 2014 is relax, and through the craziness and stress of going back to work, I tried hard to do just that: I was able to get 1/2 way done with quilting my second quilt. I kept the house relatively clean throughout the week. I downloaded some Beth Moore books for free on our iPad. Austen & I even made soup one night together.

When I found this on pinterest, it spoke to me. "You cannot draw from an empty well." This is why I am letting myself be a little selfish in the short term, so that I can be selfless in the long term. I gave until I had nothing left last semester, and it left me bitter. So this change is good and healthy.

Has anyone else started investing in their resolutions or goals yet for this month, or year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...