Wednesday, January 15, 2014

all. most. there.

Teaching your first year is hard business, ya'll. I'm doing my best, but am kind of really stinkin' tired. Thank goodness my class says the funniest things ever, and we giggle a lot during the day. I am also thankful beyond words for the rest of my first grade team. They take the cake. They are the bomb diggity. They are amaze balls. I'm so blessed by them.

It also helps that my kids say the funniest things. Here's a few of my favorites from the past two weeks:

"Mrs. Garrett, you should take a nap when you go home, you work hard." 
Amen sweet girl, amen.

While doing a word sort and seeing a fox, I whispered, "What does the fox say?" ((because I crack myself up like that throughout the day)) and about 5 kids busted out with, "RING A DING DING!!" 
So they do listen. Busted.

Then there was the attack of my students, which left us all in giggle fits as they surrounded my desk saying, "Mrs. Garrett. Mrs. Garrett. Mrs. Garrett..." 
It was kind of from a nightmare, but their giggles were well worth my terror. ;)

Then, there's the little things that keep my chin up. There are some little reminders I have on the bulletin board by my desk that I keep to remind me of what's important.


Also, this video hit the nail on the head. My favorites? "No Child Left Behind was the best idea ever. I just love standardized tests! I really wish the government was more involved in my lesson plans. and I really hope we have a fire drill today." Funny story: my elementary school must have broken some sort of record for the number of fire drills in one trimester. I'm talking multiple ones in a week, ya'll. My sweet firsties are pros at this.


We're almost to the 100 day mark. Then it's all downhill from there. ((And to be honest, I kind of want to keep my class. I like them.))

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...