Tuesday, November 5, 2013

anthro knock off wreath


I'm sure ya'll have seen it floating around on pinterest and blogs (and for good reason!). The original anthropologie version retails for $298. Oh, how I wish I had that kind of money to spend on a wreath, but I don't. Be honest, does anyone??

I first saw Tara of Between You & Me make her version, and then Melaine of My Sweet Savannah. Both said it cost them under $35, so I figured it would make good use of my Saturday at home to try my hand at it. If you want a really great tutorial with beautiful pictures, check out Tara's! And then fall in love with her and her blog while you're at it (I'm oogling over her "merry little christmas" sign! wink wink, hubs...).


Here's what you'll need:
- 1 straw wreath, keep the plastic wrap on
- 4 balls of chunky white yarn
- ribbon
- a hot glue gun, or push pins
- scissors 

Start by wrapping the yarn around your four fingers 40 times. Cut it off, and tie it around the middle with another piece of yarn.



Cut the loops and fluff it out. You might need to trim some of the yarn so that it's all the same length, especially the piece you tied it with.






I started on the top, like Tara did. I hot glued them down pretty close together because I didn't want it to look like there were lots of little poufs, but more uniform in the yarn. Then I went to the inside, and finished it off with the outer row.

I have to say, I am so excited about this! We'll be keeping it indoors, since it's too dusty and dirty in the desert to put this cutie on our door.


My cost break down looked like this:
- wreath: 40% off for $3.59
- 2 for $6 for yarn ($12 total)
- ribbon: already had

My grand total was under $16! Much better than $298, anthropologie.






Has anyone else tried a variation of this wreath? It's so simple! If you do, comment with a link to your post, I'd love to check it out! I'm thinking this would be such a fun pinterest girls night activity, or even holiday gifts (for family, friends, or holiday parties!). What would you do with one, and where would you put it? That's what we're trying to figure out right now. So many places, not enough wreaths... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...