Thursday, October 31, 2013

chalkboard pumpkin

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! I hope all ya'll are eating too much candy corn, drinking cider, and getting ready for cute little trick-or-treaters. While we have no little punkin-chunkin's of our own, we sure do enjoy the madness of trick-or-treaters at our door.

Funny story - our first year, Austen bought a bag or two of candy from our commissary (grocery store) on base. The cashier asked if we live on base, and he said yes. She told him to go get more because that wasn't going to be enough. Lesson learned, buy lots of candy because military families have lots of babies ;)

Today, I thought I'd share a quick and easy diy, in the spirit of Halloween!


I don't have any before or in progress pictures, but it was so simple. I used one of the craft pumpkins from Micheal's (on sale now, ya'll!) and some chalkboard paint. It took me two coats plus touch ups to get it all covered and black. I traced on a "g" in chalk and then painted over it with white craft paint.


I left the back side blank so that we can still write on it with chalk for cute little Halloween messages. I copy-catted this idea from Jessica at Little Baby Garvin. She posted a picture of their front porch with this pumpkin, saying it was a chalkboard pumpkin and my mind went, "BOOM!" I had to make one. Especially with her cute "g" since it would fit for our last name, too.

This would make a cute and simple pinterest girls night activity, too! I was full of those quick diy's this weekend. Love them!



My tan-warm-colors heart has been loving some classic black and whites lately. Maybe it's Halloween, but some black and white accents paired with tan walls... It's not always done well, but I love it when it is. I blame Little Baby Garvin for it. Her house? So simple but homey, and I'll move right in.

I need more pinterest girls night ideas! Anybody have some good ones? Has anyone had bursts of diy lately? My girlfriend, Julia, and I are painting some pumpkins tonight while we watch Hocus Pocus (no Practical Magic for this girl. learned my lesson last year... it's so scary, despite what people say!) and drink hot cider. Mm mmm. :)

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea! As horrible as it sounds, my husband and I bought a pumpkin to carve for Halloween but we ended up not cutting it so now I have just the idea of what to do with it! I am new to the blogging world and I would love for you to follow me at http://sincerelymrslo.blogspot.com/ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just started following your blog, it's so precious! And I wish I liked carving pumpkins. I haven't carved them since I was little, and just recently did for pumpkin pie (and remembered all over again why I don't...). Painting it was so much easier! Blog about it if you do, and link back up to my post so I can see it :)

      Delete

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...