Tuesday, October 29, 2013

autumn & winter together

October. Utah blends autumn and winter into one, and it is beautiful.


Even before the snow came, when it started to freeze at night, it was beautiful. I took the dogs on a long walk one morning. We went on the same bike path that we went on a couple of weeks earlier and I wrote about here. The stream had aspen leaves frozen into the thin top layer. There was frost on the grass. It was bitterly cold. I was in heaven.













Utah is so beautiful. I've been missing Texas lately, but how can I be homesick for long when I see that beauty all around us every weekend?

Is anyone else getting tastes of Christmas yet? My little sister told me how excited she is to see Pier 1 have their Christmas decorations out already. Yes, she is the only person who likes seeing ornaments before Thanksgiving ;) While I am so so excited for Christmas (I even got an "oh silent night" canvas from tj maxx that's so sweet!), I love autumn and it always feels like it goes too fast. I'm just soaking it all up this year.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I'm ready for the cold weather, but these pictures are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I'm ready for skiing in the single digits, but am very excited for some snow on the ground and winter clothes! :) Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...