Saturday, October 19, 2013

30 before 30

I have seen so many people do 25 before 25 lists, but seeing as that's 5 months away for me, I thought that might be a little tight. So, here's a 30 before 30 list!

Honestly, I debated between this or a 101 in 1001 list like Victoria of Happily Ever Strader posted, but when I looked at what 1001 days is, it's just under 3 years. Yikes. Austen will be just getting out of the Air Force then, and I wanted a list that gave us a little more wiggle room on the timeline. I'm pretty excited with the 30 things I came up with, and look forward to fun blog posts along the way as I cross them off.

Here are the 30 things I want to accomplish before I turn 30 -

1. Read 30 books.
2. Own our home.
3. Have babies! (due with baby #1 in February 2015!)
4. Graduate with my masters in administrative studies.
5. Own a horse (or 2, or 5, or a whole herd!).
6. Quilt for our parents for Christmas gifts.
7. Go skiing in Park City, Utah (where the 2002 Olympic winter games were held). 
8. Get back into church with Austen & our babies.
9. Do a juice cleanse with the hubs.
10. Learn how to quilt an applique wildflower quilt.
11. Learn how to quilt with paper piecing. ((here))
12. Tune & reteach myself how to play piano. ((here))
13. Teach our babies how to ski when they're toddlers! (Seriously though. Professionals say as soon as they can walk, they can learn. We're thinking between 1-2 years old.)
14. Support Austen as he finishes his bachelors, and any other degrees he wants to get.
15. Have an organic vegetable and fruit garden.
16. Plant hydrangeas around our house or yard.
17. Shoot my first deer during hunting season (and mount it if it's a buck).
18. Declutter things that don't have meaning to us. ((still a work in progress, but making good progress!))
19.  Hit 100 followers on my blog (who are consistent followers that I don't know in real life!)
20. Get a master bedroom set that we love.
21. Attend a blog conference.
22. Go to San Francisco and the Red Woods National Forest.
23. Make quilts for each of our sisters as they get married.
24. Have an entire handmade holiday again.
25. Find or design a wedding band that I love.
26. Own a painting of my Grandma Rose's.
27. Meet five blogging friends in real life.
28. Learn how to make Polish pierogis and Italian pizelle cookies (both remind me of my Grandma Rose, so they're grouped together!).
29. Redesign my blog so that it better reflects me.
30. Go skiing at a world class ski resort.

So, there you have it. I'm excited to get to work on this list. It's all things that I can see myself wanting to do but think it'll be nice to have it in a deadline.

Has anyone else made a 30 by 30, or 25 by 25, or even a 101 in 1001 list? Share your link if you have, I would love to see everyone's goals! :)

3 comments:

  1. I adore your list! You included such great stuff on there!

    I turned 30 in August and I actually did a Random Acts Of Kindness Day! I made a list of 50 ideas.
    http://www.ahappygirl.com/2013/08/50-ideas-for-random-acts-of-kindness.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, thank you so much! I'm excited to check your list out :)

      Delete
  2. Just came across your blog from the making 2014 count link-up! I love this idea and I am really considering making a list that is similar! Add another blog friend to your followers to help you reach your 100!! Hope you can do the same over at http://blogwiththebrowns.blogspot.com

    Cayte

    ReplyDelete

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...