Slider

goodbye summertime

Friday, August 9, 2013

To summertime,

 


 






Summer has been lots of things this year. It's been kissing little puppy paws and squishing Lilly's wrinkles. It's been road trips with family and laughter with friends. Walks when the sun is setting and it's cooling off outside. It was the taste of sweet tea with lemons in mason jars. There was a photo shoot in an old west town and finally walking across the stage at graduation. It was the feeling of bitterly cold wind coming off of Lake Michigan, my Grandma Rose's voice, and the sweetness of being with my family. Long drives out to California with a sweet friend just for a girls trip and the taste of Chick-Fil-A, but mostly for catching up. It was the sound of an antique piano playing off tune, and our feet as we clumsily danced to it.

It felt like fabric as I sewed together my first quilt. It smelled like fresh fruits and veggies, smoked brisket and BBQ sauce. It sounded like friends laughing, crying, and holding onto not saying goodbye. It felt like soft down pillows on the couch to cozy up with for my sisters to sleep on, movie nights, and Chipotle date nights with the hubs.

Summer of 2013 was one to put in the books, that's for sure. I can't believe my last full week of summer vacation is over... I am so so ready to start the school year off, to wear scarves and boots, and ring in the holidays.

So long, summer. You were a good one, and here's to hoping that autumn can fill the big shoes you left.

-- I'm linking up with Casey Leigh for on my heart
-- I'm also linking up with Rags to Stitches for a coffee date

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you!!! I am so incredibly overwhelmed but I know this is going to be amazing.

    Enjoy the end of this summer & get ready for the school yr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, honey! I know, this is so exciting. We've been talking about being teachers since high school, now it's happening!! I've had about 4 first-day-of-school nightmares in the past two weeks. In two of them, I was upset because my whiteboards were stained (thanks to my whiteboard stains on my little easel...). Haha!

      Got any classroom setting up or organizing advice?! How'd you end up organizing your books?

      Delete

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan