Monday, April 22, 2013

hello, firsties!

I GOT A JOB! I'm going to have my very own first grade class in August. It's not too far from our house, I know 3 other teachers there (all the better for my own personal adjustment), and admin is amazing. I could not ask for anything better!

I am so stinkin' excited. I've already started organizing my classroom books, educating myself on their specific programs and materials, and getting together my classroom supplies. I might be having just a little bit of too much fun with this.


I think our family & Austen might just be more excited for me than I am (which is really hard...). Austen took me out to dinner at Claim Jumper to celebrate that night, and we splurged on a soft pretzel and cheese appetizer and drinks before dinner was served. Delish. 

My momma then sent me the biggest, sweetest first grade care package ever. I absolutely love it all. My favorite though: the Willow Tree teacher angel. She sends me Willow Trees for special occasions. I have three; one from the Christmas before we moved to Vegas, one that's the autumn angel (because we got married in October and both my momma & I love autumn the most), and now the teacher angel. 



I am so blessed. I have already started praying for the kiddos I will have in my class, for their parents/families, and that my new colleagues will be patient with the new first year teacher. I would be so grateful if ya'll did the same for me! 

1 comment:

  1. yay first comment :) Congrats on your new job!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...