Monday, February 4, 2013

handmade monday::flying on an airplane

Flying on an airplane...not really handmade. Oh, whatever.

Handmade Monday... What have I been making lately? Geez, it doesn't feel like much. I am so thankful that I have a dinner planned soon with some other knitters in Vegas, because if it wasn't for that deadline (knowing what I want to be knitting by then), I wouldn't have the umph to finish what I'm working on, to free up those knitting needles. 

Pathetic, I know.

After I actually start my newer project, I'll post pictures of that. I'm thinking a cowl or infinity scarf. 

On the other hand, I had a spouse flight in a KC135 on Thursday to watch them refuel F15 & 16s during a Red Flag training mission (preparing pilots for a WWIII scenario). It was ah-maz-ing and I felt so blessed to be one of a handful of F22 wives chosen for it! I was going to photo bomb ya'll...but I'll just pick a couple to show.








It was seriously amazing. A 3ish hour flight with 12 other wives, and we got to watch them refuel 2 jets a piece, so about 4 minutes total of refueling. It was such a neat experience that I deeply, strongly, and highly encourage any and every military wife to take advantage of! Whatever the spouse incentive might be - DO IT. It makes me feel much more involved in the Air Force, and sparks that national pride like the 4th of July does to America.

Now I'm just rambling on and on in a cheesy fashion. Whatever. You get it. If you don't, I can't say I didn't encourage you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...