Wednesday, December 12, 2012

the twenty-twelve christmas card


I love Christmas. It is, hands down, my favorite time of the year. This year, we're sending out the Christmas card posted above but no letter. My momma used to type up a family letter to go along with our Christmas cards each year, but I figured between social media and the blog, ya'll don't need a family newsletter. Just in case you're curious about our year in a nutshell, here ya go:
This year, I completed Practicums 1& 2 with UNLV's elementary education program, qualifying for the dean's list (for a 3.9 GPA - an A- held me back from a 4.0 - womp womp) during P1. I had first graders for both and have loved their sweet innocence! I also started knitting and selling knitted goodness, which has been such a blessing and exciting journey! I feel so blessed to have a little side hobby that I enjoy so much, and have been able to bless others with as well. Austen also went up for Below the Zone (BTZ) with the Air Force, which is a program where you can rank from Airman First Class (A1C) to Senior Airman (SRA) several months sooner than the usual ranking-up-schedule. He was one of four to receive the honor of BTZ and ranked up this SRA this summer. In 2 years (at the time) of being in the Air Force, he has ranked up 3 times, and I couldn't be more proud of his accomplishments.
This February, our Lilly Mae turned 4 and Shiloh Anne turned 1 (because real parents put their kids' ages in their Christmas letters, don't judge me for telling you about our fur babies' birthdays. ha.). Shiloh had puppy classes at PetSmart, graduated, but didn't learn much. Stubborn second child ;) They have enjoyed trips with us camping on the beach in Oceanside, California, skiing in Utah, and running around in Texas. We do quite the roadtrips as a little family.
Overall, we had a calm year. It's our second year here at Nellis AFB (2 full years in January '13) and I think it's safe to say we've really settled in. Our house is a home, our friends are the best, and coming home feels good. We've had a lovely 2012 and I can't wait to see with 2013 brings, with a much-anticipated college graduation (WHOOP WHOOP!), -hopefully- a teaching job, and all sorts of surprises :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...